All About #FinallyLiews Wedding & Vendor Lists



The two most important things when planning my wedding are setting the date and budget. It depends on the wedding style and number of guests invited. This will determine how much budget you need. I set a budget of RM15k to play around with it. Here's my planned timeline & things to do before my big day.

6 months before wedding
1)  List down the item I need for my wedding (Venue, Deco, Photographer, Pre-wedding Shoot, Live Band, Door Gift, Thank You Card, Guestbook & etc).
2) Do some research on vendor’s service market price and divide the budget:


3) Search vendor according to budget.
4) Meet and discuss with desired vendor.
5) Confirm and pay the deposit.
6) Send invitation to guests.
7) Reset budget after tabulating all the expenses. Use the remaining budget to work on DIY items, wedding dress and accessories, flower bouquet and etc. Taobao is a very good platform to source all these DIY and decorative items.
8) Plan the event rundown.


3 months before wedding
9) Start to work on thank you card and guestbook.
10) Choose wedding song list.
11) Prepare thank you speech.

1 month before wedding
12) Finalize guests list.
13) Arrange guests seating.
14) Arrange accommodation for guests and myself.
15) Prepare photos for slideshow.
16) Finalize all the decision/changes with vendors.
17) Open FB group, add all the guests, put up the details and updates on event.

1 week before wedding
18) Complete all the items for guests (door gifts, thank you card and guestbook).
19) Meet up with event coordinator (ji muis) and brief them on their duty during the event. 
20) Double finalize with all the vendors to ensure the event run smoothly.
21) Do a march in rehearsal with my partner.

On the actual day
22) Get ready (make up & hairdo) 3 hours before the event start. 
23) Present at the venue 2 hours before for final check on vendor works, test PA system and run the slideshow, last briefing with coordinator, make sure the venue's arrangement are nicely done as planned.
24) Get dress up 1 hour before and ready to welcome the guests.

Vendor Lists

Venue: Eastern & Oriental Hotel, Penang

I am helding a wedding tea party with the close friends of mine and my partner. I choose E&O because I like heritage & colonial style setting and also an extensive view of the Andaman sea. (But actually the main reason is I was proposed here haha)

























Contact: Ms Stacey Wong
- Friendly service and great support from Stacey.

Decoration: De Comate

After the event, I realized that the wedding decoration full package is too overwhelming due to the space constraint. This is due to my wedding party was just a small event and the package is meant for the banquet one. Thus, it is important to know what type/style of your wedding and then decide the decoration packages. I will have save half of the price I paid if I would have known that earlier because what I need for my event are the photo corner backdrop and registration table decoration only.










Contact: Ms Lee Mei
- Very attentive, open to received all kind of ideas and work it out for the customer. Venue was nicely decorated and well delivered.

Photographer: Wei En from HWE studio

Wei En is my senior and we were the member from USM Kungfu Club during university times. Since he established a studio and started photography service on his own, he is my first choice when came to wedding photography. I engaged him for my outdoor pre-wedding shoot too.

 














































Contact: Mr Ho Wei En @ HWE studio
https://www.facebook.com/HWEstudio/
- Love all the moments sincerely captured during the party and outdoor photoshoot. Quality photos that delivered much loves and story.

Wedding studio: Broadway Wedding House

Initially, me and my partner were not intended to engage a wedding studio to carry out our pre-wedding shoot. But, we both thought it would be better if we go for a proper & classic wedding portrait in the wedding studio. You know, parents like to hang wedding photo in the living room's wall for their memory keeping and also show off to their friends. (Opps…..) So, I started to ask for quotation and the package only costs RM1200. This price included 3 set of attires (2 indoor + 1 outdoor). FYI, we only requested the soft copies.












Contact: Broadway Wedding House, Miri
- These photos were just so so nice and professionally shoot. I mean for the price I paid, I wouldn’t expect much from the studio. But the outcome was just way beyond my expectation. I am super satisfied with them. If you wonder why we shoot at Miri, my partner is working there. For that price and quality, I am more than happy to fly over and do that. I guarantee plus chop you can’t find this price with such quality in the Peninsula.

Emcee & Liveband : Haul Choong & team

Haul is my university minor course mate in Music Studies. He is an experienced singer who usually sings at the café and wedding event. Great performances and all the songs blended so well with the ambience. Our guests are very much enjoying. They are also the emcee of the day. Great engaging with us and our guests.





Contact : Haul
- You will not regret to invite them to your event.

Make up and hairdo

Outdoor shoot in Penang: I love the look presented by Clovis, simple yet looking outstanding in those pictures.
Contact : Clovis

Event day: I always wanted to try vintage wave/Hollywood wave on my big day. I personally think that this hairstyle suit my event in the colonial style building. But unfortunately, the outcome was not what I expected. Or maybe is just my face problem which fail to carry out this kind of look. Haha.
Contact: Lizz
- Both MUA are very experienced in bridal make up and with good attitude. I would recommend the bride to arrange a pre make up and hair do service with the MUA before the actual event to guarantee and confirm you look what you want on your big day.

    Door gift & thank you card

The door gifts (flower soap) are included in the wedding decoration package. What I bought were the door gift packaging, dry flowers, customized thank you card and envelope. All these items can be sourced from Taobao.



     Guest book

Instead of a book, I prepared writing cards for my guests to write down their wishes and clip it on the metal frame.

Artificial flowers and ribbon: Kaison

Thanks for reading. I hope my write up helps you in your wedding planning in the future. Cheers and Happy New Year! :)




Comments

Popular Posts